The next work party at Sharphill Wood will be on Sunday 24th April. We hope to see you there, but please let us know beforehand if possible.
Please make sure you read the detailed information on Covid-19 precautions at the end of this invitation.
When: Sunday 24th April, meeting at 09.45 and finishing about lunch time.
Who: No experience necessary and there’s always something to do even if you can’t do heavy work. Young people aged 16 or 17 must have the written permission of a parent or guardian, and children under 16 must be accompanied. Vulnerable adults must be accompanied by their carer.
Where: Meeting point will be the entrance from Peveril Drive, 09.45, or find us in the woods if you arrive later. http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/
What: The main task will be repairing/installing path edging near the northern end of the site. Richard Elliott will be leading this work party. Relevant training will be given where necessary. Safety: All volunteers must pay attention to the safety of themselves and others. Risk assessments will be prepared and will be available for inspection on the day. Please respect all decisions of the work party leader.
Other Useful Info:
· Please wear suitable gardening clothes and sturdy footwear. Covering arms and legs might be advisable to help avoid insect bites, ticks, stings, scratches, etc.. Also the use of insect repellent might be appropriate, particularly from spring through to early autumn. Also bring gardening gloves and other items listed under Covid-19 precautions at the end of this email (although we will have some spare gloves if needed).
· Bring a drink. We will stop for a break mid-morning.
· Waterproofs / sun-cream would be useful to cover every weather eventuality!
· It is highly recommended that you ensure your tetanus vaccinations are up-to-date.
Please advise the leader of any pre-existing condition that should be taken into account in the event of a medical emergency during the work party.
Please: Let us know (by replying to this email) if you hope to attend, so that we can ensure an appropriate supply of tools. Also look out for any further emails in case arrangements change. John Elwell (Work Party Co Ordinator) email@example.com
GIVEN THAT COVID-19 IS STILL VERY MUCH ACTIVE IN THE COMMUNITY, WE CONTINUE TO TAKE CERTAIN PRECAUTIONS. PLEASE BE AWARE OF THE FOLLOWING:
- Please stay away if you or anyone in your household has any Covid-like symptoms, have tested positive or are required to self-isolate.
- Please bring hand sanitiser, disinfecting wipes and face covering (in case needed for close working).
- If possibly bring your own gardening gloves (although we will have some spares). Please bear in mind that gloves may become contaminated, so take precautions and either wash them or leave them to quarantine after the work party.
- Wear gloves all the time, except where impracticable. Disinfect your hands after handling anything, before eating or drinking, and at the end of the work party.
- Please consider any areas of your body that need protection against branches, etc., including your eyes – we are unable to provide eye protection for hygiene reasons.
- Please consider bringing your own first aid kit, although we will have one available. In the unfortunate event of an accident, we may ask you to self-administer first aid, where feasible, although we will have face masks available if we need to come close.
- Because we will be sharing tools to some extent, you may wish to use a disinfecting wipe between uses.
- Please maintain reasonable social distancing (from each other and from members of the public) and consider wearing a face covering if you need to work close to somebody.